CA Bikes-Mobility for All
About CA Bikes, INC.
CA Bikes connects individuals and communities in rural Uganda to critical health and education services by building and coordinating the distribution of locally made transport vehicles, such as wheelchairs, bicycles and bike-ambulances.
Job Title: CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Job ID: CA101
Location: Bay Area; USA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Chief Development Officer
Reporting to CA Bikes Chief Executive Officer, the Development Director/Chief Development Officer is responsible for all fund development and strategic communication initiatives for the organization.
The position’s responsibilities include:
- Leading the creation and execution of a robust fund development strategy for the organization, including:
- Developing (in concert with the Chief Executive Officer) a strategic fundraising strategy and succinct, timeline-driven plan for its execution;
- Maintaining and extending relationships with existing individual institutions and foundation funders;
- Ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of program, financial, and other information to funders as required;
- Conducting significant, successful grant research and identifying prospects for new relationships with individual donors and foundations interested CA Bikes, leading to future funding opportunities;
- Developing grant proposals and applications to capture available funding relevant to existing and planned programming;
- Leading event planning efforts for high-profile events, including (but not limited to) gala fundraisers in the bay Area;
- Serving as the main staff liaison to the boards of both organizations regarding strategic initiatives and board giving.
- Working with the Team to develop realistic but ambitious development targets.
- Managing additional staff (directly and indirectly) to achieve the organization’s development goals;
- Leading the organization’s strategic communications efforts, including:
- Creating and implementing a cohesive brand strategy leading to a clear set of guidelines for the organization.
- Developing and maintaining strategic relationships with media organizations, local grassroots media focused on emergency transportation, and the communications staff of various local agencies and non-profit partners.
- Guiding the organization’s branding through high-quality marketing materials, careful management of outgoing communications, and training of all staff members tasked with external communications;
- Crafting strategic and tactical communications plans, executing these through press releases, media alerts, outreach to media and partner organizations, social media and website postings, and other documents to proactively establish the organization’s position and presence on a range of issues and incidents relevant to our mission; and
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience
Ideal candidates should have:
- Experienced with progressively responsible fund development, preferably with a significant history of private dollars raised, as well as experience with individual donors/major gifts;
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrated experience with grants management and successful execution of all reporting requirements and relationship management tasks
- Reasonable financial skills, preferably including experience with grant budgets from either the development or financial management perspective;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people, from interns to senior executives;
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office, including some familiarity with Excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced, non-profit environment
Preferred Start Date
Starts very modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Quarterly management consulting-style career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
- Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: “CDO” + name of the site that referred you).
- If you are a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (RPCV), please submit a copy of your Description of Service (DOS).